Thursday 21 June 2012

Yet More Rain on the Way!!

Well folks, I'm beginning to believe that this year is a non starter.  I look at some blogs and they're miles and miles ahead of me, their plants flourishing whilst mine are very slow to make any growth, well except the broad beans, they're doing pretty good.  Yet other blogs look like they're having the same slow start to me, I wonder if they are thinking along the same lines, make do and start again next year?

Today we are at the summer solstice, yet funnily enough we haven't had any summer to speak of, tonight the skies were dark when at the same time on other nights they have been bright and the night quite light and we are in reality now heading towards darker nights and towards autumn and winter.  Gosh somebody shoot me, I'm so pessimistic, I'm really beginning to get annoyed with the whole weather situation.  I took a fortnight leave over Easter and it rained, I took another week for the Jubilee celebrations/half term and it rained.... it's generally dry Monday through Wednesday and then it rains for the rest of the week, well this is quite exasperating when you work all week and only get the weekend to make any progress on the plot.  How are others feeling?

Ok, cheer up, look at the positives... Broad Beans - Yeah, Potatoes - Yeah, Strawberries - Yeah and even a couple of Gooseberries - Yeah, and a big YEAH to the bottle house!!!

I've done a video for you, this months tour, when I've managed to upload it onto YouTube i'll post it for you so you can see it... Here's a picture of how the bottle house is looking.




3 comments:

  1. It's been an extremely difficult growing year this year for many gardeners and allotment holders too, so I don't blame you for being a bit despondent. We had the highest rainfall since records began in April here in sunny Somerset. This week its back to more rain with some of the town centre roads closed due to holes appearing in them caused by the rain.
    I'm well impressed with your bottle house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rooko, I know I shouldn't complain about a little bit of rain when there are floods around the country, chin up and carry on eh....

      Delete
  2. I love the invention of the bottle house top marks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...