Tuesday 29 May 2012

Lovely Weather

Welcome Rooko, thanks for popping by and sticking around.

Well what can we say 'Glorious'.... that's what it's been over the past week, temperatures in the 20's, great stuff.  The tomatoes, aubergine, pepper and chilli plants are all growing very nicely, I'm sure they have doubled, nearly tripled in size due to the warm temperatures, just what they needed as they were looking really sorry for themselves.

On Thursday evening and again on Sunday I finished off clearing and digging over the bottle grow-house.  I have made a start on creating the planting beds in there.  I will have 4 beds 7ft x 2ft to plant out the toms etc.., I have built 2 so far, hopefully the other two will be completed this Thursday evening.  These beds are made from scaffold boards so will be nice and deep.  I'll try to rotate as best as I can, will probably have to dig out and replace soil in a few years time.  There will be a pebble path running down the middle so I can wet it down on a morning, something that is advised in greenhouses, so I suppose it's something I should be trying to do in the grow-house.

I've got some annual leave booked in for next week, so hopefully I'll be able to make a start on the curcubiteae area.  But I'm not putting any money on that, it always rains when I'm on leave.....



Couple of picture of the inside of the bottle grow-house.  Two beds complete.

2 comments:

  1. The raised beds look very good and make things easier to get at plants etc without walking on the soil. One of my plots is split up into wooden edged beds, not exactly raised, but easy to work from the paths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm hoping it will help with the drainage also, that side of the allotment gets a bit of surface water when the weather is very wet and hopefully the beds will help to overcome this.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...