Tuesday 12 January 2010

Welcome on Board

Hi, and welcome to my blog, this is all a new experience for me so I hope you stick around as I'm sure things will only get better. Nothing much happening here in Middlesbrough, the snow is slowly disappearing so hopefully once it all goes i'll be able to get to the plot to finish off the winter digging and create a few new veg beds.

I went over to the allotment at the weekend, the snow was several inches deep, when I got there I found that the pigeons, well i'm blaming them, have eaten all my purple sprouting brocolli and demolished what few sprout plants I had. NOTE TO SELF cover next winter with netting!! I'd planted some Broad beans at the end of November and had planted some overwintering onions, i'll have to see how they have faired once all the snow goes.

So far this month I have sown some Onion seeds (Bedfordshire Champion), some Leeks ( - ) and some Cauli's (All Year Round and Snow Crown). I'll keep you posted as to their progress in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world Katy. It is so nice to make your acquaintance and be introduced to Samson too.

    Sorry to hear about your PSB, those pigeons will get anything that is not covered. I admire that you have planted seeds this month, I haven't done anything in relation to the plot this year with the snow. I'll probably go over this w/e as the snow is starting to melt away,and do some harvesting of leeks and sprouts, but other than that not much until Feb.

    I am looking forward to reading about your growing adventures on your plot. Warm wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your good wishes, I must say I do look forward to your recipies and hope to try a few out over the coming months using (hopefully) some home grown produce.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...