Thursday 28 January 2010

The Cat that got the Cream!

Did you hear that loud whop of delight coming from the North East around about 12.30pm today? If you did that was me. My potatoes have arrived so I can start to get my earlies chitted, I can almost taste them. Samson almost did, when I was looking through the box to check they'd all been dispatched, he's stuck his nose in and pinched a bag, I think i've got myself a little pilferer (well a big one, he's a Dogue de Bordeaux). But do you know what the best part was, we had ordered 5 seed potatoes of the 1st early ‘Rocket’ for Caleb to grow, and when I opened the box, they’d sent us 20 at no extra charge, I feel like the Cat that got the cream. Great stuff eh, funny what little things make us happy. Now the only problem is I’ll have to have a think of where I’m going to plant the extra 15 as I’ve not budgeted for them in my space, oh the decisions we plotters have to make, lol.

If you live anywhere near Middlesbrough, you may be interested to know that Natures World is holding a potato day on Sunday 31st January between 10am and 2pm. I think I’ll have a pop along and see if I can get myself a few tasters to try, in view of growing a different variety next year.

1 comment:

  1. I've ordered my potatoes from Thomson and Morgan this year and they haven't arrived yet. If you don't have enough room in the ground for the extras, you could grow them in containers. I'm planning on doing this with some of mine to get an extra early harvest.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...